The Atlantic Council presented its top global leadership awards this evening to the following notable persons:
- Hillary Rodham Clinton, Former US Secretary of State, received the Distinguished International Leadership Award.
- Anders Fogh Rasmussen, Secretary General of NATO, also received the Distinguished International Leadership Award.
- John S. Watson, Chairman and CEO of Chevron, received the Distinguished Business Leadership Award.
- Tony Bennett, Performer and Humanitarian, received the Distinguished Artistic Leadership Award.
- Juanes, Musician and Social Activist, received the Distinguished Humanitarian Leadership Award.
The Atlantic Council is a non-partisan institution with a mission to promote transatlantic cooperation and international security. Now in its 50th year, the Atlantic Council is addressing problems including challenges from violent extremism, financial instability, energy security and future of the North American Treaty Organization (NATO). You can read more about their mission, history and activities at their website.
The Year of Tony Bennett congratulates Mr. Bennett on his receipt of this award. As a performer, painter, author and humanitarian, we cannot think of anyone who more exemplifies leadership in the Arts.
Some tweets from the awards ceremony:
(note: Hillary Clinton was introduced by Henry Kissinger)